How soon can I take a home pregnancy test is when you have missed your period is a very reliable sign that you are indeed pregnant. Though their some women who experience implantation bleeding during their period, but this is usually lighter and shorter even than the normal period. And this is why a woman is usually asked by the health care provider the last normal period.
Read more about positive pregnancy test here.
Periods may happen even when a woman is pregnant but this is not common it’s very rare. If you are planning to do a pregnancy test the best day is when you expect your periods and most women have marked this day on their calendar. This is the official day that you can be able to take a test at home.
A home pregnancy test usually measures the levels of hCG (Hormone secreted during pregnancy) in the urine. The amount of urine that each and every test usually detects varies. Hormone that each woman secret vary but not so wide. A very good test is suppose to measure 25-50mlUs of hCG. This is the amount that has been found in the urine on the 4th and 5th weeks of pregnancy. The levels of hCG in the urine and the blood are suppose to be different.
When doing a home pregnancy test the woman should know that the first urine in the morning contains the highest concentration of hCG. But it is not a must that you use first morning urine because most tests do not require that.
There are some instructions that you must follow especially with the equipments which you are using:
- Check the expiring date of the test kit. Avoid using a test kit that is expired it will give you positive results and this can be dangerous to your health.
- Read the instructions and understand the instructions that come with your test before beginning the process. Look if there are special preparations that you must take before doing the test.
- Follow all the directions and steps without skipping one.
- If there is a step that needs to be timed, take a clock and time. Do not do guess work or counting manually.
- There are different types of home kits that usually portray a different color. If you are color blind you need to contact someone who is able to differentiate the colors.
- After finishing the process record down the results of the test and take them to your health care provider.
What most heath care provider emphasizes is cleanliness on how soon can I take a home pregnancy test and be careful when doing this.